Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waffles


I want to eat some waffles. My previous workplace had a waffle machine but I never had a chance to really use it because I had very little time.

I want to buy the Waring Pro 300/330 from Costco. I purchased one for a friend for Xmas but the reviews are saying that it can short out. Of course, the fix is relatively inexpensive and quick (swap out the fuse) but I worry about the quality.

I've used this machine at work though, and it makes fantastic waffles. So I don't know if I should spend the 60 bucks for it knowing that I will have to swap out the fuse in a few months...

Btw, the other ones are sucky.

So many choices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to make waffles in college at the dining commons for Sunday Brunch. Which was great because all I had to do was pour, press, and wait.

The problem with a home machine is making your own batter and cleaning the machine. Not difficult, but extra steps nonetheless.

If you did buy a waffle maker, I imagine you making one large vat of batter and having it all go rancid after one use after having left it on the counter in a rush to get to work. And I can also picture your waffle machine covered in spiderwebs from disuse with a burnt waffle lodged in it.