Monday, November 10, 2008

The Sickness

I'm sick. Really really sick. My sputum consists of green thick fluid that does not look as though it should be coming out of my mouth. I think it may have been a combination of various factors that have led me to this state of pain.

1) I rode in a cab with a woman coughing up something fierce. She complained to me that she doesn't have health insurance and she has no access to healthcare. I hope I don't have strep.

2) It was raining on Saturday. I walked in the rain without an umbrella. That's not good.

3) I walked around in a "touristy" area with many tourists. When I see tourists, I think about all of the diseases that they have brought to the city...all of those weird nasty diseases.

4) I ride the subway everyday and the confined quarters plus sick people equals nastiness. Combine that with "touristy" nastiness, you have a bad situation.

I did get my flu shot on Friday so I hope that I will be protected soon. I'm also drinking fluids and I hope I can get some soup today. I may also need to eat some fresh oysters so I can't get extra zinc...or I may take some vitamins since oysters are so expensive.


ADDENDUM: Oh yeah, I'm also surrounded by sick people. That may contribute to my sickness as well.

* Sent via BlackBerry *

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, I fell ill only once when I was in New York. And that was during the summer when I was living in the dorms.

I was fine during the winter months. And I was walking to work everyday in the snow. I guess it was my Unis jacket that kept me toasty. Is Unis still open?

Anyways. When it comes to the city itself, I got sick of it by the time December rolled around.

Anonymous said...

Oh. I also enjoyed your little foray into photography with your above picture. How long did it take you to arrange the stethoscope and kleenex?

Ghonie said...

It took me 5 seconds. I just threw them both on the floor and took a picture. Yes, I'm an artist.

Anonymous said...

You should have had a prop 8 sign and shat on it to add that final nuance.

Ghonie said...

Prop 8 is retarded. I can't even be diplomatic about it. I have no idea why it pisses me off so. I am neither gay nor do I have many gay friends. And yet, I am infinitely annoyed that these self righteous churches and cocksucking conservatives can take away people's rights so easily.

What's even more retarded is that majority of black people voted for Prop 8. That is just shameful.

Anonymous said...

You tell it sister. You should make a sign and hang it out your window. That or a rainbow flag.