Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oms/b

I am still sick but I had to drag myself to work. My 'coworkers' are downers since all they want to do is work. I decided enough was enough and went for brunch. I decided to try Omusubi (Oms/B) which is a small cafe that sells rice balls. I decided to try the Salmon/cream cheese, lobster corn, tempura vegetable, and spicy cooked tuna. I also got a miso soup.

It's expensive.

All of that came out to 12 bucks. Why does everything cost an arm and a leg? In any case it was a tasty meal. I really liked the lobster corn in wasabi mayo. Very very tasty. I think I'm going to stick to the cheaper versions though. I'll probably get the plain riceballs with veges or something next time because I can't afford to eat these expensive lunches all the time.

* Sent via BlackBerry *

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 bucks doesn't sound that bad. How much are you averaging on food a day.I assume it's $100.

I lived on $20 a day. $140 a week. $560 a month. That's not bad. Have you gone to "Little India" in New York yet.

Ghonie said...

Not yet. I should go...
Any recommendations?

Anonymous said...

There's like a building with 4 Indian/Pakistani/Bengali restaurants. It doesn't matter which one you go too. I went to the one with a lot of "christmas lights" inside. Which could be any of them actually now that I think of it. Pick the one on the lower right.

Or... There will be guys out in front each trying to get you to eat at their respective restaurants. Pick the one with the best offer.

P.S. I forgot which street Little India was at. It's either 1st or 2nd Avenue. I think the cross street is 6th Street.

P.P.S. You need to try out wd~50 and take some photos. Save some money so you can get the tasting menu. Bring a camera.

http://www.foodite.com/photos/posts/wd50_carrotcoconutegg.jpg

It looks like an egg. But it's really a carrot-coconut custard thingy. Molecular Gastronomy is the new craze. Jump in.

If we had money. And the time. We could go to Spain and eat at El Bulli, the best restaurant in the world. They're known for their weird food creations.

Too bad they only take reservations on one day in October. (Carpe Diem!) wd~50 would be a cheaper, more accessible alternative.

Ghonie said...

hmm...very good points. I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.