Friday, November 21, 2008

Macchiato Espresso Bar

Macchiato Espresso Bar has become my favorite coffee joint. I can't go as much as I would like because of the price but when I want t o treat myself with a latte, I go here.

The reason I like the lattes here is because the cafe lattes are made creamy. The milk that is added to the coffee is thick and creamy and they expertly mix it with the espresso shots to create a wonderful cafe latte. (They also create a nice swirly pattern) It is unlike Starbucks crappe latte where all you get is just hot milk with burnt tasting espresso shots. I don't know how they heat up the milk here but it's definitely different from most of the other coffee places.

The one other problem other than the price is that it's always packed in the morning. It's almost impossible to get in to order because so many yuppies are elbowing each other to get their caffeine fix.

I will definitely miss this place when I leave the city for the holidays.

* Sent via BlackBerry *

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to thermos your lauded cafe latte so we can all sample it.

And kudos to "crappe latte."

Ghonie said...

Thank you for your kudos.