Wednesday, November 04, 2009

V: The review


I watched the new V and I give the pilot a 7 out of 10. It was decent, but most of the "big reveals" have been done before and they're nothing new.

The other reason why I gave it a mediocre score is because none of my "list" suggestions were in the pilot. There is, of course, potential to see them in the future but for now, they had nothing.

1. No sparkles...yet
2. No nude body suits...although i imagine Lisa will get as naked as possible without breaking censorship laws.
3. Michael Ironside is nowhere to be found
4. No alien weapons yet.
5. No alien baby coming out of cooch
6. No mexican guy whose father fought with Zapata.
7. No medical students
8. No grandma
9. No paprika
10. Anna didn't eat anything....yet
11. No SHADES!!

I thought out of the entire list, we were going to see some crazy shades but alas, nothing. Oh well, there is always next episode.


I think the show needs a true badass. Morris Chestnut is okay but every time I see him on screen, I'm reminded of Under Siege 2. And Scott Wolf is too boy bandish. We need a tough as nails badass that is feared by the Visitors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Catholic Church is badass.

And there was an alien weapon. Remember the floating orb that ejects Swarovski crystals.

I give the premiere a 7 as well. No surprises, no innovative story lines . . . yet. But it's watchable. And there's potential

My other gripe are the characters. The son of the FBI agent is a annoying. And they made the Firefly guy evil. Just like Pretty Woman said to the girl at the store, "Big Mistake, big, huge."

Ghonie said...

The son is an annoying sex hound...which is totally overdone.

I think Anna was decent. Everyone else was "blah".

I'm getting the "who's the Cylon" vibe from the show. I wonder who is going to give birth to the superbaby...

Lisa perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Lisa? How Obamaesque.

Anonymous said...

Furthermore, I think you should make your blog a full on tribute to V.

Maybe you'll be chosen to interview the head reptile.