Saturday, November 14, 2009

4 Random Encounters of the Day

1) I went to the grocery store and at the checkout, the cashier asked me if i wanted the complimentary carry-out service, which involves some teenager bringing your groceries to your car and load it for you. Do I look that old? Do I look weak and helpless? I was insulted.

2) I just saw a limo pull up to Mimi's Cafe. Do you really need to take a limo to Mimi's Cafe?

3) One of the major intersections near my house is becoming pan-handling mecca. Today, I saw a total of 20 people pan-handling. This is not a hyperbole. TWENTY PEOPLE.

4) I was trying to drive through a parking lot but my progress was impeded by two inconsiderate zaftig women. The two women side by side filled up about half the width of the road. They were headed toward McDonalds. They shouldn't go into McDonalds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bottom photo is Third Street Promenade. I didn't know there was a Lane Bryant there.