Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble


I used to love Thanksgiving. It was one of my favorite Holidays. However, in the last few years, I have not been able to celebrate with family.

I am either working that day or flying somewhere. Last year, I spent Thanksgiving at the airport and in the air. This year, I will be at work.

So once again, I will miss Thanksgiving. I envy those of you who will be eating Thanksgiving turkey or steak with your respective families. I wish I could be home that day, watching the parade and eating food all day. Sigh....

I look forward to the day when I can take back Thanksgiving again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me the day you take back Thanksgiving will be the day you decide to just sleep in.

At the same time, your story inspires carpe diem. I feel like buying a turkey. Not the uncooked ones, the ones that are pre-made.

Ghonie said...

I want to seize the day. However, I don't know what that entails.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Buy some Oscar Mayer Turkey slices and some Honey Baked Ham.