Friday, September 25, 2009

Today is a day of reflection

Today, I will think about what I have done in the my life and assess whether this is where I want to be.

If I had to give myself a grade today, I would give myself a "B". I don't think I have completely fucked up my life but at the same time, there is definitely room for improvement.

I wonder what my life will be from this point on. Is it going to be just more work day after day? Are there any surprises waiting for me? Will I die soon? I wish I can predict the future. I wish I had the perfect plan. However, I have to do what I can with what I have.

When I was younger, I never wanted to grow up. Other kids may have wanted to get older faster but not me. Some kids wanted to age so they can go to that rated-PG13 movie and then eventually Rated R. I was never in a hurry (Actually, I don't think the movie thing applied to me since I saw all of that shit before age anyway.) Some wanted to turn 16 so they could drive. Some people couldn't wait to turn 21 so they can drink legally. I didn't. I just didn't want to grow up and face more responsibilities and hardship..

At this point in life, there are no more artificial milestones to achieve. I can drive, drink and do whatever the fuck i want. I guess the only thing left is get to the age where I can collect social security but I don't even know if that will be available. I guess the other thing is when I can start getting senior discounts.

In any case, I will spend the weekend thinking about all of these things and come monday, it will be another beginning of the week.

Is that all there is....?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never understood these artificial milestones either.

We need to celebrate certain dates while others are taken for granted. Why? Can't we just take every day for granted. Living each day to the fullest sucks up a lot of energy.

So let's all raise our mugs of Martinelli's and make a toast to whatever we feel like. It's Friday. Yay.

If it were my birthday, I'd get an Arby's.