Monday, April 06, 2009

Macy's Petacular Fair

I went to the Macy's Petacular Fair. It was an interesting experience. Broadway and 33rd street was shut down for this extravaganza. Every yuppie in Manhattan showed up to show off their million dollar dogs.

There was also a small stage where kids could go up and sing songs. It was created by Disney (see Bolt the dog in that pic above?) so you could probably guess the types of songs that were available on the karaoke machine. I think I heard Hannah Montana's theme song 20 times while I was there. Before Hannah Montana, I think I never realized how great it is to have the best of both worlds.

A different stage had this teenage rock band rocking out. They were singing songs about how they did not particularly care for home work and did not enjoy parents telling them what to do. But the rocker conceded that to be a good person, he must obey and follow the rules. After all, being uncouth is not cool.

And then I saw this dog. I guess it's a Jewish dog. I never knew dogs could subscribe to a particular religion but it's 2009 and anything is possible. I think this dog was a holy dog of some kind because people kept grabbing his paws and started talking to him about stuff.

* Sent via BlackBerry *

No comments: