Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Google Netbook


I would like to make a wish.

I wish that Google will make a "desktop" version of the Android OS and get it installed on netbooks. Instead of having these useless Linux variations on the low end netbooks, Google should team up with companies like Asus and sell these for cheap. Google already provides a big suite of Office-like programs and I really can't think of a reason why I would want to run windows on these small laptops anyway if I had a better alternative (No, linux is NOT a better alternative).

Google has a solution for all of my needs in a netbook package:

Surfing the internet : Chrome
IM: Google Talk
Word Processing: Google Docs
Email: Gmail
Calendar: Google Calendar
Storage: Gspace

I don't play games on netbooks and if Picassa isn't good enough for you, GIMP would probably be adapted for the "Google OS" or "GOS" for short.

The android on the G1 is a great first step for the company. They're starting out small and are working out the bugs. What I would like to see is just a bigger version of it officially supported on faster systems. And I want it NOW.

* Sent via ASUS EEE 901 *

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Now you're updating via you ASUS. Are you wearing cargo pants?