Wednesday, February 25, 2009

E-reader


Morons are writing on the internetz that there are many alternatives to the Kindle. They are wrong. There are very few. At the top of my head, I could name two or three other major players that provide good quality consumer e-readers.

These same morons continue to cite the Iphone as a great alternative to the Amazon or Sony e-reader. They also state that most multimedia phones including the blackberry, treo, etc. are other ways people can read books without getting a device like the Kindle.

Let me tell you that these devices are NOT great alternatives to a Kindle or the Sony E-reader because of eye strain. These fuckfaces can't seem to understand that one of the reasons E-ink was created was because people had difficult time reading novels for hours and hours on a display like the Iphone. Sure, iphones are great for reading emails, surfing the web, etc but if you try to read for 2-3 hours on the iphone everyday like you would a paper novel, I guarantee your eyes will be fucked.

I have a blackberry. I love the damn thing. I read and write pages and pages of email everyday. I also surf the web constantly. However, I would never use the fucking thing to read my stories. It's too painful. I have tried to do it but it really messed me up. I was on the plane reading a book for 5 hours on my blackberry and at the end of that trip, I thought I was going to go blind.

One can use almost any type of display for reading E-books. That doesn't mean that they're all great alternatives to the Kindle or Sony. And just because the iphone e-reader has "cool"/douche effects like "page turning animation", it doesn't mean that it rocks the shiznit.

So suck on it.

Coming soon: My Blog Post on Why I Hate Everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The entire iPhone is a "cool"/douche effect.

But I wouldn't kick it out of bed.

That's right. I go to bed with consumer electronics.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a form of animism. This was a subject illustrated in the last episode of Nip/Tuck. A guy made love to a couch.

And I can't wait for the next blog. Hate speech isn't PC. But it's downright fascinating to read.