Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Real California Adventure : Soaring Over California

I am once again flying...excuse me, jetting off to another destination looking for employment. I am very tired and I think the constant exposure to the radiation in the atmosphere will eventually destroy my body in cancerous ways.


I am in Sacramento, California today and the weather is a bit chilly. It seems like it's a nice enough place but it is certainly different than the big city. I think I could find my nice suburban lifestyle here. I am conflicted (yes, I worry about many things these days) about whether I truly want the suburban lifestyle or the city life though.

My mind is occupied by a lot of things and stress is an ongoing issue for me. Granted, I am WAAAAAY less stressed than last year but it's a confusing and nerve-wracking time right now. However, one thing I like to think about is where I want to travel next year. It is my 'last hurrah", a sort of a pre-employment bachelor party, before I take the big plunge...into my career. The only criteria with regards to the destination is that it must have good food. I am hoping that a few of my friends come with me so we can relax and hang out at an interesting destination.

A few places under consideration right now is London, Paris, Singapore, and Madrid. A friend suggested the British Virgin Islands but it may be less likely because in order to fully enjoy that area, you have to rent out a boat and hire a captain. It's certainly an option but I don't know how far my friends want to go to have the ultimate experience. My sister had a great time island hopping on a fancy boat but I'm not a sailor and I hear people look down on you if you get one of those motor boats. I don't like it when people look down on me. Heh.

In any case, I think I'm done with my breakfast vegetarian burrito with bacon so I think I'll go check out the neighborhood.

Peace out.

* Sent via BlackBerry *

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Americans disappear and die in the Virgin Islands.

I say Paris!!! We can wear Obama shirts and have the French regale us.

Or.. Buenos Aires. What's new Buenos Aires.... I think the dollar is still strong there.

Ghonie said...

so what's in buenos aires?

paris sounds cool because i want to drink the wine. I also want to eat their famous paris culinary delights. weren't you supposed to go to paris for your career?

Anonymous said...

I chose Buenos Aires as the representative of South America. We've never been to South America. And it's more European than Mexican.

And thanks for opening the wounds with the culinary reference. *tear*