Friday, May 19, 2006

M.S.S.S.


My Super Sweet Sixteen has to be one of the most vile television shows on TV.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with 16 year olds spending $10,000 on a dress or $250,000 on a car or $400,000 on a birthday party. That is part of Capitalism and I accept the consequences of adapting this economic philosophy. If rich 16 year olds want to become spoiled and slutty, that's their choice.

The problem is they are putting this behavior on television. And if you have watched entertainment shows featuring girls or have visited any myspace websites, you will see that many girls seem to hold these MSSS girls' behaviors with high regard.

Watching this show makes me vomit. It makes me pissed off. I can't even surf the channels when that show is on for fear of catching a glimpse of this vile show.

The show celebrates the pompous, greedy, mean, whiny, ungrateful, terrible human beings.

Maybe I'm just afraid that if I ever have a kid, the child would turn out to be just like the girls portrayed on that show. Even if I had billions of dollars, I would never do that to my child. I would resort to good ol' fashioned child beatings before I give in to that nonsense.

Or maybe, I'm just getting too old for this shit.

No comments: