Friday, January 23, 2009

OSCARS!!!


Actually, I'm not THAT excited about the Oscars. Still, the award show serves a purpose which is to tell me what movies I should try to see in the near future.

Here are my picks.

Best actress:
Anne Hathaway - Why? She went topless for TWO movies after her Princess days. She's got ballz (or rather breasts). She's gotta win at least one for each breast shown.

Best actor:
This is a tough one. Heath was excellent. Downy though was hilarious. I would pick Heath just because it would definitely be a Hollywood moment. I like happy endings. That's right, I do.

Best animated film:
Wall-E - Hands down the best animated movie of the year. This was Pixar's indie film and I was sold. Although I have seen Kung Fu Panda about 300 times (no joke), I still believe Wall-E was a masterpiece. If you can convince the viewers to empathize with a hunk of metal, I say you deserve the gold.

I really don't give a shit about the rest of the categories. I would have liked to see Tropic Thunder in the best picture category but I guess comedies have a hard time getting nods. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sam Reuben! I agree with all your choices except Best Actress.

I'm a Kate Winslet fan. She's pulled the pancakes out for almost every movie she's made. And the last I saw, there were nary a hoo-ha in The Devil Wears Prada.

Ghonie said...

Kate was not in an innocent disney film prior to her boobery. It is not a big stretch for Kate.

If for example Hilary Duff or Miley Cyrus went topless a few years from now, it would be shocking and they would then be worthy of the prize.