Monday, September 12, 2005

Stop Smoking in my face ASSHOLE!

I hate cigarette smoke. I hate it because I don't want to die. The smoke destroys your body. There are no ifs, ands, or buts to this discussion.

But people smoke anyway. And they smoke it in front of me. So i have to breathe in this shitty smoke and lose precious seconds to my life. Not only that, I increase the chances of other health complications. These carcinogens can be catalysts to many diseases.

United States spends $150 BILLION dollars annually treating people with complications that arose from chronic cigarette smoking. Why must I pay for their health? There are ads all over TV to stop people from smoking. They're not airing these ads for some altruistic cause. They are there to cut the cost of healthcare. They are there to protect people like me from paying for some fucker's bad habit. The ads are there to prevent me from dying.

So fuck you to all the smokers out there. If you want to smoke, go into a chamber and smoke yourself to oblivion.

Speaking of healthcare economics, here's an interesting story:

A boy needed life saving treatment at a hospital. The kid doesn't have insurance to cover these treatments. He will die if he doesn't receive them. By law, the hospital cannot just abandon the kid since he lives under the "jurisdiction" of the hospital. So do you know what the hospital is forced to do?

They buy him a house in the next county so that another hospital can take care of him. It was cheaper to buy him a fucking house in the next county than to treat him the rest of his life. It saved the hospital millions of dollars.

This is the sad state of affairs.

So I get pissed when we piss away our money on preventable diseases caused by cigarettes. We have enough shit to worry about. With the money saved, we could save Timmy, or put it into NASA, or declare war on another country and fight for 2 years.

I guess what I'm trying to say is:

Say no to ACID!...I mean Smoking.

No comments: