Saturday, September 03, 2005

H@x0r R37@rd3d

Okay, there was this website hosting some file that i needed to get. The cursed file had a freakin' protection from some cursed program and it would not allow me ample time to click on the link.

Here's what I did.

I made a judgement call on the bandwidth where this "page" was being hosted. So, if i could eat up enough bandwidth, i could slow down this "switching" process that blocked me from clicking the link. I therefore had to suck up part of the site's bandwidth just enough to slow down the "shut down" process to click the link.

After a couple of tries, I got it. I'm very proud of myself. Saints be praised.

These retarded sites are finding stupid ways of "hiding" their files. Frankly, I'm sick of it. One site uses those stupid banner blocking system, which is easily cleared by resizing the window. There are also these "timer" sites. There are other sites not allowing you to right-click, etc. which can all be bypassed easily. Why do these people bother? Why can't they just create clean, minimalistic sites so that the world can use up less bandwidth and stop playing stupid games with surfers.

Btw, the file i was trying to get was not illegal in any way. The guy hosting the lyrics to a song was trying to be funny.

No comments: