Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dogs!

There are many dogs around my area of residence. Many is an understatement. In fact, there are millions of dogs near my area. I may not see all of these at the same time but I see their shit smeared across the pavement every single day.

When I do see a dog in person, I am amazed how well groomed these dogs are (except during rainy season). The dogs look like they've just returned from the Eukanuba Dog Show (I was going to say WKC but that competition is overrated. It's all about the Euks! WOOT!). Their coats are shiny, the dogs seem happy, and they are amazingly well trained. Yesterday, I saw some dude just drop the leash and go into the Sushi restaurant to pick up a to-go meal. The dog knew exactly what to do when the owner released him from the grips of bondage. The dog walked slowly over to the door, sat down, and waited patiently for his owner to return. Amazing. Our family dog (the one you see on the right) would have started wandering off, trying to smell everything and everyone in sight. Eventually, I imagine our dog would be lost. (At least our dog is not like my friend's dog, the devil dog who cannot get an A+ at the groomer. Right Mike?)


Most dogs also wear dog clothes. I think I saw one the other day wearing Burberry. Looking at what the owners are wearing as well, I imagine the dogs eat better meal than me.

Other than the shit issue, I really can't complain about seeing all of these dogs everyday. I believe most of these dogs are AKC purebreeds. I just can't see yupsters purchasing a random mutt. They are amazing dogs though and when I see them pass me by during my daily walk to work, I feel the city is a little less gloomy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I never knew you were a pet lover. Maybe if you eat the dogs then you'll be vicariously eating as well as they do.

Aloha.