Tuesday, August 25, 2009

X & S & E Series Walkman®

Sony is dead. Everyone knows this. Who the fuck buys Sony these days? (Well, I actually bought a tv recently but that was because it was super cheap. If i had more money, i would have purchased the sammy). Anyway, sony is coming out with the X & S & E series walkman. What a fucking joke. Does this company ever learn? What is the advantage of purchasing this thing? It supports the same crappy proprietary-locked-down formats that inconvenience the user. Other players do the same thing, I know. My question is then, why would I buy this piece of shit over the other cheaper one? And why don't I just purchase the ipod touch?

It just doesn't make sense. I have a super awesome business solution. Sony should just say fuck it to copy protection bullshit for their electronics right now. Let the Sony Music/Movie division deal with their own crap. The electronic division needs to take back control from the lawyers and assholes. They need to create a simple, slick video/mp3 player that supports all the popular pirated video formats/mp3/flac/etc. They can still put the premium price on it but at that point, it would be worth purchasing because the freedom it would give the user. Hell, I would buy it and become a sony user all over again.

But that is not going to happen and Apple, Samsung, and other chinese companies will continue to eat away shares of the electronic market and push sony electronic out of the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd actually buy the Sony walkman that you recommend. Because it would make me look like a rebel.

But I can't bring myself to buy a Zune. I want to be different. But not that different.